Tuesday, September 26, 2006

New Service For Visually Impaired - ifbyphone

A listener in Inkster, Michigan, Vicki, has told me about a new service in place since July of this ear. It's called ifbyphone, which in essence, is a voicemail service that is of great assistance to the visually impaired. Vicki does not have a computer, so she listens to Treasure Island Oldies via MBN, the Mobile Broadcast Network. In addition, she can receive email via her phone. That's where ifbyphone comes into play.

You can send an email to the person using this service; say it's John Doe. So you end an email to johndoe@ifbyphonemail.com and then John Doe's phone will ring, and a computerized voice will read the email message.

There are other things that ifbyphone do. Here's the link. Check it out for yourself.

Just so you know, I have nothing to do with this company. I thought that it mght be of interest to some of my visually impaired listeners, so I'm passing on this information.

Cheers.
Michael