Monday, December 04, 2006

Shawn Hlookoff - Live in the Studio

Shawn Hlookoff is a terrific and very talented new singer/songwriter. I first came across his music just prior to Remembrance Day in Canada and While his music has nothing to do with oldies music, I just want you to be able to hear him. He is a new recording artist with a bright future. As you know, I have a deep passion for all kinds of music and I am pleased to have Shawn as my special guest.

For some background information, please visit Shawn's website as well as at MySpace.

style="font-style:italic;">Veterans Day
in the United States on a newscast. He was being featured on the news because of his song, Soldier, which was getting a lot of attention in the media and online.

I was so taken with Soldier that I decided to close that week's show by playing Shawn's song. And I was very pleased with the feedback I received from listeners to my radio show as a result of playing Soldier.

I sent an email to Shawn and was very pleased to receive a reply from him. In that reply I discovered that I knew his manager, John Grhaham, very well. He was a booking agent at S.L. Feldman & Associates and I rented office space there. A few days later, the three of us got together and talked for quite some time and I offered some advice to Shawn for his career.

During our meeting, both Shawn and John expressed an interest in coming to the studio to see me doing the show, so I immediately extended an invitation. Not only did they accept, but Shawn also agreed to perform live in the studio. So I am very pleased to let you know that this week Shawn Hlookoff will be join me on Treasure Island Oldies, Sunday, December 10.

UPDATE: Shawn has come down with a cold and will be unable to perform on the show this Sunday. However, he will still join me in the studio and we will have a chance to chat on the air. We will re-schedule his live performance for early in the New Year.