Monday, March 26, 2007

The Beatles - Voice Your Choice

The Beatles not only set the world on fire with their music, looks and charm, and were the forerunners of the British Invasion in the early 60s, but they also reached out to fans worldwide with their debut motion picture, A Hard Day's Night. For many, or perhaps most who would never have the opportunity to see them perform live in concert, it was the absolute best alternative. There was as much screaming in the movie theatres while The Beatles were on screen as if they were performing live on stage.

I remember my sister and I and our friends were all exscited to go see A Hard Day's Night. Was I ever disappointed when the day we were to see the movie, I came down with a flu bug and was unable to go with the whole gang. Once I got better I finally got to see it, but instead of going with my friends, my mom and aunt took me. Not quite the same thing let me tell you!!

A little aside...about two years ago I had the occasion to be in Toronto on business and then needed to go to Montreal. I decided to take the train and had my laptop with me. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the DVD of A Hard Day's Night. The fact that the movie started out with them on the train from Liverpool to London didn't escape me as I was on a train myself. What a treat that was!

This week on Treasure Island Oldies, Voice Your Choice presents two great songs from the soundtrack from A Hard Day's Night: I Should Have Known Better and I'm Happy Just To Dance With You. I know it's a hard call to make, but which song do you prefer?

Come to Treasure Island Oldies and the Voice Your Choice page to make your selection. We'll play the song with the most votes in Hour 3 of this week's show.