Saturday, March 10, 2007

Brad Delp Boston Lead Singer Found Dead

Brad Delp, lead singer with Boston was found dead Friday, March 9, at his home in New Hampshire at age 55.

My sincere thanks to Treasure Island Oldies listener Scott Harmon for sending this note to me:

Hey, Michael. This is Scott Harmon, from Phenix City, Alabama. You might remeber me from requesting a song by The American Breed a few months back. Well, I'm back, but this time, I am writing to you with a very heavy heart. I have just learned of the tragic death of Brad Delp, the lead singer of the 70's rock powerhouse known as Boston. Brad died Friday morning at his home in New Hampshire at the age of 55. An immediate cause of death is unknown, and an official autopsy will be performed within the coming weeks. Who would have ever thought that Boston would conjure up one of the biggest selling debut albums in rock history, an album that, to this date, has sold more than 17 million copies worldwide. I have all of Boston's albums in my CD collection, and I am proud to say that I never get tired of listening to Brad's amazing voice. We here at Treasure Island Oldies send out our deepest sympathy to Brad's family and friends, and to Tom Sholtz and the rest of the Boston gang. Mike, let's give Brad the sendofff that he definitely needs. Please play Boston's 1978 Top 30 hit "A Man I'll Never Be".Because the rock business needs more men like Brad Delp. Thank you, Mike, and keep on digging up those lost and forgotten oldies.
Scott Harmon


Scott, for you and the millions of the other Boston fans, I will be pleased to play A Man I'll Never Be for you on the show this week. Thank you.

Michael