Monday, June 18, 2007

Little Peggy March - Voice Your Choice

Little Peggy March was born Margaret Battivio on March 8, 1948 in Lansdale, Pennsylvania.

Her debut single and her signature song, I Will Follow Him went all the way to Number One on the Billboard Top 100 chart, remaining there for three weeks. At the time, she was the youngest female singer to have a #1 song on the pop charts.

What's also interesting to note is that I Will Follow Him was adapted from the French song Chariot, which was a hit for Petula Clark in 1963 and sung in French before she broke through in North America with Downtown in 1965.

This week on Treasure Island Oldies, Voice Your Choice spotlights Little Peggy March and two of her biggest hits: I Will Follow Him and I Wish I Were A Princess. Have a preference? Come to the the Voice Your Choice page and make your selection. We'll play the winning song in Hour 3 on next week's show.