Monday, November 12, 2007

For Andy Kim Fans

I know that many many Treasure Island Oldies listeners are big fans of Andy Kim. Did you know that his all-time classic hit Rock Me Gently is being used in a TV commercial? Generally speaking, I am not terribly fond of having classic songs re-purposed for use in commercials. However, in this case, I think it is fun and very cute. Rock Me Gently is the soundtrack, with no voice-over talking over the music, for the 2008 Jeep Liberty. I thought you might find it fun to watch. Note that the driver reaches over to the stereo and you can see the credits for Andy Kim, Rock Me Gently, Classic Rock. Good fun!

And Andy, I sure hope you got quite a few bucks for giving permission to use your song and master recording.

My thanks to listener Fred Waterer in St.Catharines, Ontario for tipping me off to this TV spot.

Enjoy!