Monday, June 02, 2008

Rare Earth - Voice Your Choice

Rare Earth were a hot rock group from Detroit, and one of the first successful white acts signed to Motown. In fact, Motown created a whole new label which they called Rare Earth Records. The original line-up consisted of Pete Rivera (lead vocals and drums), Rod Richards (guitar), Kenny James (keyboards), Gil Bridges (sax), Ed Guzman (percussion), and John Persh (bass).

Their first two charted hits, Get Ready and (I Know) I'm Losing You, were cover versions of classic Motown hits originally recorded by The Temptations; and both were Top Ten hits.

Next week on Treasure Island Oldies, Voice Your Choice spotlights Rare Earth with (I Know) I'm Losing You and I Just Want To Celebrate.

To cast your vote, just come to the Voice Your Choice page and make your selection. We'll play the winning song in Hour 3 of next week's show.