Monday, July 27, 2009

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies

July 26th to August 1st, 2009

Our Cover Tunes Special was a big success. My special thanks go out to Tom Locke for all his excellent research and the time he took to join me in the studio for the entire four hours. And also I'd like to thank you for the many emails I have already received. You obviously enjoyed the Cover Tunes Special as much as we enjoyed presenting it to you. And we've got another special all set for you next week, our Annual Instrumental Gems - Wordless Wonders Special. For many listeners, this is their favourite special of the year. So I am very much looking forward to playing the lost art of instrumental music. I'd also like to thank you for the requests that have arrived. I promise I will do my very best to play every one of your requests. If there is something special you'd like to hear, it's not too late to get your requests sent to me. And there's two ways to get in touch. Pick up the phone and call our 24/7 Listener Request Line at 206-203-4678 and record your message. We'll play back your phone call and the song you requested. You can also email your requests. Just click the Requests button on any page of the website.

Don't forget that we also have two additional specials coming up as well. Our Back To School Special will be on August 31st and then on September 6th we have a Motown Special that will include the excellent documentary The Motown Story. I know you won't want to miss these specials.

It was great to have the Chat Room so busy once again this week and the comments that went back and forth during the Cover Tunes Special were great. Be sure to stop by the Chat Room some Sunday night during the live show. You'll have a fun time. Click Chat on the Menu for full instructions on how to log into the Chat Room and join the Nuts in the Hut.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog this week continues with our Cover Tunes theme with The Platters and their incredible cover version of the Paul Whiteman and His Orchestra hit song, Smoke Gets In Your Eyes. It's our Song of the Week. Enjoy!

We've got two great Instrumental Gems for your votes this week on Voice Your Choice: A Swingin' Safari and Sail Along, Silv'ry Moon by Billy Vaughn. Which of these two songs would you like me to play on our Instrumental Gems - Wordless Wonders Special? Cast your vote by clicking the Choice Your Choice button on any page of the website then make your selection. We'll play the winner in Hour 3 of next week's show.

It would be my pleasure to wish you Happy Birthday as your special day approaches. Just send your name and birthday date to michael@treasureislandoldies.com and I'll send you my best regards and also play our official birthday song by The Beatles, Birthday.

Your picture would look great hanging in the Treasure Island Oldies Listener Gallery. Join the other Islanders who have already sent their photo to me. Just choose a photo and send it along with your name, city and country to michael@treasureislandoldies.com

Have a great week.

Bye for now.

Michael