Monday, August 31, 2009

Ellie Greenwich - Song of the Week

It is quite amazing to consider the impact Ellie Greenwich has had on the music of the 20th Century. She wrote or co-wrote many hits such as Be My Baby, Baby, I Love You, Da Doo Ron Ron, (And) Then He Kissed Me, Christmas (Baby Please Come Home), Today I Met The Boy I'm Gonna Marry, Hanky Panky, Do Wah Diddy Diddy, Chapel Of Love, Leader Of the Pack, and so many more. She also discovered and produced Neil Diamond and all his early monster hits such as Kentucky Woman, Cherry Cherry and other smashes.

She left us with an amazing legacy of great music. And this week here on the Treasure Island Oldies Blog I am pleased to present a very rare song written, produced and performed by Ellie Greenwich, Sunshine After The Rain. You'll also see some great photos of her and some celebrities. I know you will enjoy our Song of the Week.

Michael