Monday, November 09, 2009

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies


November 8th, 2009 to November 14th, 2009

What a blast we had again on the show this week! You know that even though I've been hosting this show since 1997, I still love bringing Treasure Island Oldies to you each and every week. And your feedback continues to inspire me and keep me highly motivated. So if you'd ever like to make a comment about the show, the specials, features, or make a request, I'd love to hear from you. Please send any and all comments to michael@treasureislandoldies.com.

It's great to have the Chat Room working so well again and both the regular Nuts in the Hut as well as first time visitors have commented that it is great to be back up and running again. I know I mention it on the show and here in the weekly update, but you really should try adding the Chat Room to your listening experience of the show. As visitors become regulars, the entire group become friends. And who doesn't like to visit with friends! The topics are varied, and not just about music or the song playing at the moment. It's a really enjoyable way to spend time together. Check it our for yourself when we are live, every Sunday from 6 to 10 pm Pacific time. Click Chat on the Menu and carefully follow the instructions. See you soon.

Next week on the show it's The Long Ones Special, featuring songs that were longer than your typical 2 and a half to three minutes. You'll hear the original hit versions that reached the Billboard charts, but just happened to be long. This will be only the second time since the show began that this theme has been used for a special. I am sure you'll enjoy it.

I keep hearing from various folks that have connected together on Facebook about just how much fun they are having. Keep up with what's going on with the show and yours truly. Follow me by clicking the facebook logo on the left hand side of any page of the website.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog features Booker T & The MGs in a great live performance clip of Time Is Tight. It's our Song of the Week. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice spotlights The Strangeloves, a great songwriting and production team that wrote and produced My Boyfriend's Back by The Angels as well as The McCoys and Hang On Sloopy. They recorded several singles and this week we feature two of them for your votes: I Want Candy and Night Time. Click the Voice Your Choice button on any page of the website to cast your vote. The winning song will be played in Hour 3 of next week's show.

If your alma mater is planning a high school, college or university reunion, let me know and I'll be pleased to let the listeners know about it. Today with people scattered all around the globe, it is sometimes difficult to reach them. I'll do my best to help publicize and promote your Reunion. Send the details to michael@treasureislandoldies.com.

I would like to invite you to add your photo to the Treasure Island Oldies Listener Gallery. Many folks have already submitted their photos but there's still room for yours. Send your picture, name and city to michael@treasureislandoldies.com. I look forward to receiving  it from you.

Remember this is your show as much as mine. If you'd like to hear a special song that will bring back a flood of memories for you, I'd love to play it for you. You can send an email; Click the Requests button on any page of the website, or give me a call and record your message on our 24/7 Treasure Island Oldies Listener Request Line at 206-203-4678. I'd love to hear from you.

Have a great week.

Bye for now.
Michael