Monday, November 16, 2009

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies


This week on Treasure Island Oldies
November 15th, 2009 to November 21st, 2009

Thank you for the feedback on The Long Ones Special. I'm glad you enjoyed hearing these longer than the typical 2 1/2 minute songs. There were only a handful of long records in the 50s and early 60s (Ray Charles' What'd I Say, for example), with most 4 minutes and longer songs happening in the late 60s and into the 70s. Thanks for your requests too. I love getting your input and requests. And anytime you'd like to hear a song on the show, just let me know. Either email your requests by clicking the Requests button on any page of the website or give me a call. The Treasure Island Oldies Listener Request Line is available to you 24 hours a day at 206-203-4678. Leave your voicemail message and I'll play it back on the show along with your request. It's your move.

Our next special will be our 13th Annual Christmas Special, live Sunday, December 20th. For your convenience, our webmaster Eddy Fisher has installed a Countdown To Christmas Clock on the main page of the website. I hope you find it a handy tool to refer to when needed.

Happy Birthday wishes go out this week to Connie Canode in Madison, Wisconsin and Chris Witmer in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. It was my pleasure to play Birthday by The Beatles. If you or someone special to you is having a birthday, let me know. Send the details to michael@treasureislandoldies.com. It'll be my pleasure to wish you Happy Birthday and play Birthday by The Beatles.

I also wanted to say a quick thank you for your comments on the Remembrance Day/Memorial Day videos I posted to the Blog on November 11th. I appreciated hearing from you with your views.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog features Three Dog Night performing live, the Otis Redding classic Try A Little Tenderness. Man, they rock on this. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice spotlights two giants of Motown: Diana Ross & The Supremes and The Temptations in a duet of duets. Cast your vote for either I'm Gonna Make you Love Me or I'll Try Something New. Click the Voice Your Choice button on any page of the website and make your selection. The winner will be played in Hour 3 of next week's show.

If your alma mater is planning a high school, college or university reunion, let me know and I'll be pleased to let the listeners know about it. Today with people scattered all around the globe, it is sometimes difficult to reach them. I'll do my best to help publicize and promote your Reunion. Send the details to michael@treasureislandoldies.com.

I would like to invite you to add your photo to the Treasure Island Oldies Listener Gallery. Many folks have already submitted their photos but there's still room for yours. Send your picture, name and city to michael@treasureislandoldies.com. I look forward to receiving  it from you.

Remember this is your show as much as mine. If you'd like to hear a special song that will bring back a flood of memories for you, I'd love to play it for you. You can send an email; Click the Requests button on any page of the website, or give me a call and record your message on our 24/7 Treasure Island Oldies Listener Request Line at 206-203-4678. I'd love to hear from you.

Have a great week.

Bye for now.

Michael