Monday, November 23, 2009

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies


This week on Treasure Island Oldies
November 22nd, 2009 to November 28th, 2009

I'd like to begin this week's update by wishing all my great American friends a very Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy your celebration with your families and friends. The Chat Room regulars, the Nuts in the Hut, got into a bit of a reflective mood near the end of the show. So many of them commented on how fortunate they were and how thankful they were for their lives. They were grateful for their spouse or partner, who they all said were their best friends. They were thankful for the health they have, for many the job they have, and their community of friends on Treasure Island Oldies. I am so honoured to be invited into your homes every week since 1997. To share the music that I love with you, and with my many years in the media and entertainment business, I am thrilled to be able to share some of my memories with you as well. So I thank you wherever you are, in whatever city and in any country in which you live. Thank you for being part of Treasure Island Oldies.

A big thanks to Grant Christian at insinc for helping us out with the technical issues we've had for the past few weeks on the Real Media stream. It's all fixed and adjusted and we sound great once again!

Boy the comments are starting to really build momentum on the Treasure Island Oldies page at Facebook and on different topics as well. I invite you to join me on facebook. Click the logo on any page of the website to get to my facebook page.

I'd like to extend a big welcome to 99.9 The Crow in McKinney, Texas, as a brand new Treasure Island Oldies Broadcast Partners Network radio station. Our show will air Saturdays from Noon to 4 p.m. Check out the station at http://www.KQRO.tk.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog this week features one of Motown's best, Jr. Walker And The All Stars with their great soul hit What Does It Take (To Win Your Love). It's our Song of the Week. Enjoy!

Speaking of Motown, this week Voice Your Choice spotlights Mary Wells with two of her soulful smashes: Two Lovers and Laughing Boy. Tough decision this week, but you must decide which song you want me to play. Come cast your vote. Click the Voice Your Choice button on any page of the website and make your selection. We'll play the song with the greatest percentage of votes in Hour 3 of next week's show.

I'm really looking forward to playing some great Christmas music again this year. Our webmaster, Eddy Fisher, is busy working in Santa Michael's tech shop to bring us some nice Christmas decorations to the website over the next several weeks. Looking forward to seeing what he comes up with for us this year. If there's a Christmas tune you'd like to hear, let me know. Click the Requests button on any page of the website and tell me the song and artist name and I'll play it for you on the show. It would also be very nice if you shared a memory that your request brings back to you. I'd like to let the listeners know how special the song is to you. It would be great for you to record your memory and song request. Call our Listener Request Line at any time of the day or night at 206-303-4678 and leave your message. I'll play it back and your request.

If you or someone special to you is having a birthday, let me know. Send the details to michael@treasureislandoldies.com. It'll be my pleasure to wish you Happy Birthday and play Birthday by The Beatles.

Is your alma mater planning a high school, college or university Reunion? Let me know and I'll be pleased to let the listeners know about it. Today with people scattered all around the globe, it is sometimes difficult to reach them. I'll do my best to help publicize and promote your Reunion. Send the details to michael@treasureislandoldies.com.

I'd like to invite you to add your photo to the Treasure Island Oldies Listener Gallery. Many folks have already submitted their photos but there's still room for yours. Send your picture, name and city to michael@treasureislandoldies.com. I look forward to receiving  it from you.


Have a good week and once again, Happy Thanksgiving to our American friends.

Bye for now.
Michael