Monday, November 30, 2009

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies

This  Week on Treasure Island Oldies
November 29th, 2009 to December5th, 2009

It was nice to get begin playing Christmas music once again this year. I just love this seasonal music, done so well by so many artists, and only heard for a very short time each December. All this music brings back so many memories of my childhood and I can see myself in our living room as a young kid of maybe 4 or 5 and being enthralled by the record turning at 78 rpm on the record player and hearing it come booming out of the speaker. Man the music felt alive! Those songs are what I call "feel good" music. And being able to play some fantastic Christmas songs and carols again this year for you is a real pleasure for me. I hope you will make plans to join me for my 13th Annual Treasure Island Oldies Christmas Special, live Sunday, December 20th from 6 to 10 p.m. Pacific time and 9 p.m. Eastern time. And the Archive will be available throughout the holidays for you to enjoy. If there is a Christmas song you'd like me to play on one of the shows in December, just let me know. There's two ways to get in touch. Call the Treasure Island Oldies Listener Request Line 24/7 at 206-203-4678 and record your request and/or holiday greeting. The other way is to email your requests, and that's easy too. Just click the Requests button on any page of the website and let me know what Christmas song you'd like me to play for you. I hope to hear from you this Christmas season.

I hope you are enjoying the Christmas decorations that are appearing on the site. Our webmaster, Eddy Fisher has been hard at work getting the lights and decorations unpacked and ready for display. I can only hope that the snow will start falling in time for Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas music, I decided to help get you in the Christmas mood with Paul Evans and his fun Christmas song, Santa's Stuck Up In The Chimney. It's our Song of the Week at the Treasure Island Oldies Blog. Enjoy!

I'm really looking forward to Voice Your Choice next week. It would be a difficult decision for me to make. We're spotlighting the Beach Boys with two of their great, yet rarely played songs: Do It Again and Caroline No. Which song would you like to hear? Click the Voice Your Choice button on any page of the website and make your selection. We'll play the winner in Hour 3 of next week's show.

It's been another fun week connecting with both new and long time friends on facebook. This past week I connected with  Bob Roper, Dave Michaels, Humble Howard Glassman, Bob Segarini, and Leslie Soldat. It's always fun to receive comments too as I heard this week from Fred Waterer, MrsMatt, Russ Horton, and Wayne Harrett. Follow me on facebook; click the facebook link on any page of the website and stop by. Say hi and leave a comment.


Once again, I am pleased to welcome 99.9 The Crow in McKinney, Texas to the Treasure Island Oldies Broadcast Partners Network. We look forward to being part of your weekend every Saturday from Noon to 4 p.m.


If you or someone special to you is having a birthday, let me know. Send the details to michael@treasureislandoldies.com. It'll be my pleasure to wish you Happy Birthday and play Birthday by The Beatles.

Is your alma mater planning a high school, college or university Reunion? Let me know and I'll be pleased to let the listeners know about it. Today with people scattered all around the globe, it is sometimes difficult to reach them. I'll do my best to help publicize and promote your Reunion. Send the details to michael@treasureislandoldies.com.

I'd like to invite you to add your photo to the Treasure Island Oldies Listener Gallery. Many folks have already submitted their photos but there's still room for yours. Send your picture, name and city to michael@treasureislandoldies.com. I look forward to receiving  it from you.

Have a good week.

Bye for now.

Michael