Monday, December 14, 2009

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies



This week on Treasure Island Oldies
December 13th, 2009 to December 19th, 2009

We had a great prelude to our Christmas Special next week on the show this week, with an all-Christmas songs program, with the exception of our regular features. And what a treat it was to dig up some great Lost Christmas treasures by Pat Boone, Diane Ray, The Shells, Perry Como and The Fontaine Sisters, Johnny Moore's Three Blazers, Tommy Edwards, Rocky Fellers, and so many others. If you missed hearing the live show, by all means enjoy the Archive. And get ready for next week's 13th Annual Christmas Special. It's my favourite show of the year and one I look forward all year to giving to you as my Christmas gift.

There is still time to record your Christmas Greeting for playback on the Christmas Special next week. Just call the 24/7 Listener Request Line at 206-203-4678 and record your greeting. I look forward to hearing from you.

A big thank you once again goes out to Bruce Toews for inviting us to use his Toews On The Waves radio show Chat Room this week, as the chat server was down due to a power failure. Appreciate it very much, Bruce. Fortunately, the chat server is now back up and running and everything should be fine for next Sunday during the live show. I hope you can join me for what promises to be a very special evening of music, conversation and enjoyment. Just click Chat on the Menu for details on how to log into the chat room.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is keeping up with the Christmas music with a terrific performance of The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole. Enjoy!

I have lined up a six pack of special for you to enjoy over the holidays and the full list will be included in next week's update. I've also got the 2010 Specials ready for you to check out and mark your calendar. For the year's specials just click Listen then Schedules. In addition to the specials you always want every year, I have included some new ones for 2010.

If you or someone special to you is having a birthday, let me know. Send the details to michael@treasureislandoldies.com. It'll be my pleasure to wish you Happy Birthday and play Birthday by The Beatles.

Is your alma mater planning a high school, college or university Reunion? Let me know and I'll be pleased to let the listeners know about it. Today with people scattered all around the globe, it is sometimes difficult to reach them. I'll do my best to help publicize and promote your Reunion. Send the details to michael@treasureislandoldies.com.
 
I'd like to invite you to add your photo to the Treasure Island Oldies Listener Gallery. Many folks have already submitted their photos but there's still room for yours. Send your picture, name and city to michael@treasureislandoldies.com. I look forward to receiving  it from you.

Have a good week, and happy shopping! See you next Sunday for our 13th Annual Christmas Special.

Bye for now.

Michael