Monday, December 21, 2009

Michael's Christmas Greeting


As we approach the end of another year, it is a good time for reflection and to say thank you for another great year. I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone at our network, Mediaontap; and to Insinc for providing the broadcast studio facilities. Special thanks to Trevor, John, Grant and Hugh for their technical help and support.

2009 has been another very exciting year for Treasure Island Oldies. We celebrated our 12th Anniversary and also welcomed listeners from all over the world who hear us on their local FM, AM and Online radio stations in Canada, United States, England and Sweden:


RADIO 88 in Gothenberg, Sweden. Many thanks to Ulf Ligander, the Program Director, and the entire staff. We've been with Radio 88 for over six years now.

THE LEGEND, Indianapolis, Indiana

D-MOOS.COM, Halton Hills, Ontario

KYA 89.5 Ocean Shores and 94.7 Aberdeen, Washington

FLAMING OLDIES.COM, Worchester, Massachusetts

CRUISING OLDIES RADIO.COM IN NEW JERSEY

THE HOUNDOG KXDX 95.7 Mt. Pleasant, Texas

C-VUE 105.9 FM  Sechelt, British Columbia

REWIND 45, London, England

MX RADIO - MUSIC EXPRESS, Atlanta, Georgia

and our latest station...

999 THE CROW, McKinney, Texas
I would also like to extend my very special thanks to Eddy Fisher, my partner and webmaster. Without Eddy's untiring work, commitment, enthusiasm, creativity, and incredible support, there'd be no weekly updates to the website; no special decorations for Halloween and Christmas; nor would there be any archived shows, not to mention the work he does every week in preparing the Rock And Roll News Podcasts, of which I am proud to say there are well over 12,000 downloads every month. Thank you so very much, Eddy!

A big tip of the hat to the Nuts in the Hut, the Chat Room regulars. I thoroughly enjoy your company every week.

I'd also like to recognize our weekly feature contributors to the show:


Tom Locke, who has researched and written the Moment In Time for over ten years now.

Rick Canode for Rick's Rare Rock And Roll Relic.

Fay Greenwood for Hits From Across The Pond and Matt Meaney for the great production of this feature every week.
These features help make the show extra special every week.

And last but definitely not least, to you - my listener, my friend. Without you there'd be no Treasure Island Oldies. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for letting me keep you company week after week.

I wish you and your family the very best this Holiday Season. Please don't drink and drive!

I sure look forward to another year of Treasure Island Oldies with you and to celebrating our 13th Anniversary with you in May, 2010. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy listening to the Archive of our 13th Annual Christmas Special as well as the Six Pack of the Top Specials of 2009.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Michael