Tuesday, January 05, 2010

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies


This week on Treasure Island Oldies
January 3rd, 2010 to January 9th, 2010

I'd like to begin the first Update of the year by wishing you a very Happy New Year. I hope you had a great Christmas and New Year with your friends and family. I had the best Christmas and New Year in some time as a result of the wonderful visit I had with my Mom. She flew to Vancouver from Ottawa and back on her own; quite something for someone who is 89 years old. I'd also like to acknowledge receiving your emails, cards and e-cards filled with warm holiday greetings. Thank you very much. I'm very much looking forward to 2010 and many fun hours of sharing some of the greatest music ever recorded with you every week.

I'd also like to thank you for the wonderful comments I've received from many listeners already this week about our first show of 2010, the annual New Year Dance Party. I had a blast and the speakers were definitely blasting in the studio to all the great music. Our next special will be our Valentine's Day Special. I'm particularly pleased that our live show will be on Valentine's Day itself, Sunday, February 14th. Be sure to send in your requests and dedications for your special someone in time to be included in the special. Click the Requests button on any page of the website and let me know the song and who you'd like me to play it for. You can also call me on the 24/7 Listener Request line at 206-203-4678 to record your request and dedication. I'll play back your call and song request on the show.

In keeping with our Dance Party theme, our first Song of the Week for 2010 over at the Treasure Island Oldies Blog is by Chubby Checker and The Fly. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice features Joe Dowell, with two of his hits for your votes this week: Wooden Heart and Little Red Rented Rowboat. Cast your vote by clicking the Voice Your Choice  button on any page of the website and then make your selection for the song you'd like to hear. The winner will be played in the 3rd Hour of next week's show.

Happy Birthday wishes go out to Shirley Ham in Cincinnati, Ohio. It was nice to receive the phone call from California Barb letting me know. Shirley, I'm glad you enjoyed hearing the call and Birthday by The Beatles. If you or someone special to you is having a birthday, let me know. Send the details to michael@treasureislandoldies.com. It'll be my pleasure to wish you Happy Birthday and play Birthday by The Beatles.

Is your Alma Mater planning a high school, college or university Reunion? Let me know and I'll be pleased to let the listeners know about it. Today with people scattered all around the globe, it is sometimes difficult to reach them. I'll do my best to help publicize and promote your Reunion. Send the details to michael@treasureislandoldies.com.

I'd like to invite you to add your photo to the Treasure Island Oldies Listener Gallery. Many folks have already submitted their photos but there's still room for yours. Send your picture, name and city to michael@treasureislandoldies.com. I look forward to receiving  it from you.

Have a good week.

Bye for now.

Michael