Monday, March 22, 2010

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies



This week on Treasure Island Oldies
March 21st, 2010 to March 27th, 2010

Everyone was on a first name basis for this week's Name Game Special! It didn't matter if your name was Sue, Billy, Jim, Patti Ann, Diane, John or Betty Lou, I had a song for you! And a huge thank you for all your requests. As I was running out of time as they kept coming in, I was unable to play all of the requests and will do my best to catch up on next week's show. I am so pleased with your response to this special; thank you. We'll do it again with a whole bunch of different 'name' songs. Mark your calendar for our next special, the annual One Hit Wonders Special, live Sunday, April 11th. This is one special you won't want to miss. You'll be scratching your head from time to time wondering how did this or that artist have such a smash, only to never have another hit song again. It's hard to believe, but it definitely happened. I invite your suggestions and requests for the One Hit Wonder song you'd like to hear. Call or Click. You can record your voicemail message and request by calling the 24/7 Listener Line at 206-203-4678. You can also Click the Requests button on any page of the website.

Sometime over the next several weeks we will be changing to a new email provider service and it will result in the email being down for at least a couple of days. I'll be sure to give you plenty of warning when it is about to happen. I definitely do not want to lose or miss any email you send to me.

If you have a birthday coming up, let me know by sending your name, city and birthday date to michael@treasureislandoldies.com We'll play Birthday by The Beatles for you on the show.

To keep you in the mood for our Name Game Special this week, the Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing The Name Game by Shirley Ellis. And to help you sing along, the lyrics are included. Enjoy our Song of the Week.

Voice Your Choice spotlights Tommy James and The Shondells with two of their many hits songs: Say I Am (What I Am) and Sweet Cherry Wine. Come to the Voice Your Choice page to cast your vote. We'll play the winning song in the third hour of next week's show.

Running short on time? You can check out both the Rock & Roll News and the Top 5 Countdown and both are available here at the website. Click Podcast for the Rock & Roll News and click Listen for the Top 5 Countdown. You can Subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes. Go to the iTunes Store and search Treasure Island Oldies Podcast. You'll be part of the over eleven thousand downloads every month.

Send in your photo for the Treasure Island Oldies Listener Gallery. Many folks have, but there's still room for yours. Send your picture, name and city to michael@treasureislandoldies.com. I look forward to receiving  it from you.

Is your high school, college or university Alma Mater planning a Reunion? Let me know and I'll be pleased to let the listeners know about it. Today with people scattered all around the globe, it is sometimes difficult to reach them. I'll do my best to help publicize and promote your Reunion. Send the details to michael@treasureislandoldies.com.

Have a good week.

Bye for now.

Michael