Tuesday, March 30, 2010

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies

This week on Treasure Island Oldies
March 28th, 2010 to April 3rd, 2010

It was good to have Trevor Chan on the air on this week's show. He is the senior producer at our studios, insinc. Trevor is moving to Toronto and it was his last day at the studio. I was pleased to play some of his favourite song requests by Roy Orbison and the many records played on by The Wrecking Crew, the Los Angeles studio musicians who recorded mostly at Gold Star Studios. I know you join me in wishing Trevor all the very best. Speaking of requests, I really enjoy hearing from you with your requests. Get in touch with me. Call or Click. You can record your voicemail message and request by calling the 24/7 Listener Line at 206-203-4678. You can also Click the Requests button on any page of the website.

Happy Birthday wishes go out to Tom Locke, who researches and writes our weekly Moment In Time feature. To date, Tom has prepared over 300 Moment In Time segments since 1999. All the best, Tom. Also I would like to send out birthday greetings to long time listener, Rich Howe in Hillside, Illinois, and to my good friends Red Robinson, from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Lawrence Little. It's been a busy birthday week. If you have a birthday coming up, let me know by sending your name, city and birthday date to michael@treasureislandoldies.com We'll play Birthday by The Beatles for you on the show.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing Tommy James And The Shondells this week. I had such a great response to them being on Voice Your Choice that I thought it would be fun for you to see them perform in a live clip. Here they are with I Think We're Alone Now, our Song of the Week. Enjoy!

With all the talk about the latest teen idol, Canada's Justin Bieber making a ton of fans worldwide,  it is fitting to bring you back to Canada's first teen idol, Paul Anka. Voice Your Choice presents two of his many hit songs for your votes: Love Me Warm And Tender and You Are My Destiny. Cast your vote for the song you'd like to hear. Come to the Voice Your Choice page to cast your vote. We'll play the winning song in the third hour of next week's show.

Running short on time? You can check out both the Rock & Roll News and the Top 5 Countdown and both are available here at the website. Click Podcast for the Rock & Roll News and click Listen for the Top 5 Countdown. You can Subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes. Go to the iTunes Store and search Treasure Island Oldies Podcast. You'll be part of the over eleven thousand downloads every month.

Send in your photo for the Treasure Island Oldies Listener Gallery. Many folks have, but there's still room for yours. Send your picture, name and city to michael@treasureislandoldies.com. I look forward to receiving  it from you.

Is your high school, college or university Alma Mater planning a Reunion
? Let me know and I'll be pleased to let the listeners know about it. Today with people scattered all around the globe, it is sometimes difficult to reach them. I'll do my best to help publicize and promote your Reunion
. Send the details to michael@treasureislandoldies.com.

Have a good week.

Bye for now.

Michael