Tuesday, October 05, 2010

John Lennon - Voice Your Choice

It's so hard to believe that John Lennon would be turning 70 on October 9th, considering that he was only 40 when he was shot dead outside his apartment building in New York City.

There's not much I could tell you about the founding member of The Beatles that you probably don't already know.  All I can say from personal experience is that he was extremely friendly and patient when I interviewed him for my high school radio station in Montreal when I was only 16 years old. I have treasured my interview with John for 41 years and am so glad I still have it today.

In celebration of his birthday, Treasure Island Oldies is spotlighting John Lennon on Voice Your Choice with Instant Karma! and Mind Games. Which song would you like to hear? Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page. I'll play the winning song in the 3rd hour of next week's show.