Monday, October 18, 2010

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies

October 17th, 2010 to October 23rd, 2010

I'd like to begin this week's update by thanking the many listeners who emailed or called in birthday greetings to me for my birthday this week. The Nuts in the Hut, the Chat Room Regulars, also got into the mix with their heartfelt good wishes too. Many thanks to all of you. What a great way to celebrate my birthday with my friends I visit with every week. When your birthday is approaching, be sure to let me know and I will wish you Happy Birthday on the show and play Birthday by The Beatles for you as well. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. 

Catching up on a bit of correspondence...It was very nice to hear from a brand new listener in Gothenberg, Sweden, who heard us on our long time Broadcast Partner Station Radio 88FM. Magnus TimmerÃ¥s sent in a great note via Facebook I'd like to share with you: "I usually don't listen to music on radio anymore, but tonight I stumbled across your channel here in Sweden. Wow, this is really good! So simple, and so refreshingly different, I'm very impressed. Don't stop, it's great!". Thank you, Magnus and I hope you keep listening and stay in touch. 

I also heard from Vinny B who wrote "Love the show. I am trying to locate a song. I need the artist and title. The song is from the 50s I think. A kind of doo wop slow ballad. Words are "We met in a dream...your arms open wide...and there in that dream...What a sweet surprise". Does this ring a bell?" Well Vinny, I can help you. The song is called Song Of The Dreamer and it is by Eddie Fisher. Be sure to listen to next week's show. I'll play the song for you! If you have a question about a song or artist, or just a comment, I welcome your email. My email address is michael@treasureislandoldies.com. 

We're just two week away from our 14th Annual Halloween Spooktacular and the fun thing is the show will actually be on Halloween itself this year. So be sure to mark your calendar for Sunday, October 31st for a ghoulishly good time! 

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is paying tribute the tremendously talented singer, songwriter and performer, the late General Norman Johnson with a great video clip of the Chairmen Of The Board and their big hit You've Got Me Dangling On A String. It's our Song of the Week. Enjoy! 

Voice Your Choice is spotlighting another fantastic singer and performer, the amazing Roy Orbison with two of his many hit songs for your votes this week: Dream Baby (How Long Must I Dream) and Only The Lonely. Which song would you like me to play? Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page. We'll play the winning sing on the 3rd hour of next week's show. 

You can download the weekly Rock & Roll News as a Podcast? It's easy; go to iTunes and search for Treasure Island Oldies Rock & Roll News. There are now over 12,000 downloads of the Podcast every month! You can also listen to the Top 5 Countdown at any time, when you only have time to listen to a few songs. Go to the Listen page and click Top 5 Countdown.
 

Let the world know you're a proud listener of Treasure Island Oldies. Send in your name, photo, city and province or state for the Listener Gallery to michael@treasureislandoldies.com and our webmaster, Eddy Fisher, will post it on the Listener Gallery page along with the many already received. You can also let all your friends know you enjoy the show with your personal Treasure Island Oldies Email Signature. A selection of complimentary signatures is available for download at the Goodies page on the website.

I hope you have a great week and see you next Sunday for the live show.

Bye for now.

Michael