Monday, February 28, 2011

Fitz And The Tantrums

As you already know by now, I play some of the best music from the 50s, 60s and 70s on Treasure Island Oldies, the Home of Lost Treasures.

Every now and then however, I come across an artist or group that I just have to share with you. Fitz And The Tantrums are a great example of new music being writtred, recorded and performed today that is great and that I just have to tell you about. They are from  Southern California and Michael Fitzpatrick is the leader of the group . 

I first heard about them from Bob Lefsetz, a music industry person who has a huge list of followers from radio, records and the entertainment industry on his regular blog postings. He talked about how authentic these guys are in their songwriting, sound and performance.

If you love soul music, R&B, Motown, etc., you just have to listen to Money Grabber by  Fitz And The Tantrums. If I was working Top 40 radio today, I would have thing song on High Rotation; it's that infectious!

I hope you like this as much as I do. And by the way, the entire album is also really good and great for driving inthe car. I bought the whole album at iTunes.
Enjoy!