Monday, November 21, 2011

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies


November 20th, 2011 to November 26th, 2011

We have a winner! Congratulations to Ed Sanderson of Toronto, Ontario, the winner of our Music By Numbers Special contest. The final total of all songs song played on last week's Music By Numbers special was 9,457,255.1, quite a lofty number. I sure hope you didn't wear out your calculator or the batteries adding up all the song values. LOL  My thanks to everyone who entered the contest, whether with correct or incorrect answers. Our contest winner will receive a copy of the book Rock 'N' Roll Trivia by Michael Harling, who also autographed the book.

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish my many American friends and listeners a very Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy this special time with your families. Despite what's going on here, there and everywhere, we still have a lot to celebrate and it's wonderful to be able to celebrate together. Enjoy your holiday.

Mark your calendar for our next special. The 15th Annual Treasure Island Oldies Christmas Special will air the week of December 18th, with the Live show Sunday, December 18 and the Archive available throughout the rest of the Christmas Holiday Season. It's my favourite show of the year and I know it is well enjoyed by listeners all around the world. And to get everyone in the mood, we'll get the Christmas Season underway with some great Christmas songs starting with next week's show.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing one of the songs that aired on this week's show. It's The Zombies with She's Not There, our Song of the Week. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice in getting us in the mood for the Christmas Season with The Beach Boys and two of their great Christmas songs: Frosty The Snowman and The Man With All The Toys. Which holiday favourite would you like to hear? Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page, and we'll play the winner in the 3rd hour of next week's show.

If you've got a birthday coming up, send the details to me at birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com . I'll wish you Happy Birthday on the show and play our official birthday song for you by The Beatles, Birthday.

As a part of our celebrating the Christmas Season, I'd like to invite you to send in your Christmas Greetings to someone special in your life. I'll read your best wishes to the special person on the show and play a great Christmas song for you as well. This is sort of a variation on your Letter to Santa. Send your note to Christmas@treasureislandoldies.com. I look forward to hearing from you. And if you'd like to request a Christmas song throughout this Holiday Season, just tap (if you can) the Requests button, otherwise just click. :-)

I am seriously considering to no longer having a dial-up 56k stream available. Before I make my decision, with major input from my Webmaster, Eddy Fisher, I would like to hear from you. Do you use dial-up versus broadband? If so, do you know what the highest bit rate your modem can support? I do not mind continuing to offer it, unless there is no long any demand for it. Please let me know your thoughts. Drop a note to me at michael@treasureislandoldies.com . I look forward to an interesting conversation.

Let the world know you're a proud listener of Treasure Island Oldies! Send in your name, photo, city and province or state for the Listener Gallery to michael@treasureislandoldies.com and our Webmaster, Eddy Fisher, will post it on the Listener Gallery page along with the many already received.

Show your support for Treasure Island Oldies with your own Email Signature. A selection of complimentary signatures to be placed at the end of your outgoing emails is available for download. Click Goodies on the upper Menu on any page on the website. Thanks to the many folks that have downloaded their own copy of the Email Signature. That's great!

I hope you have a great week and see you next Sunday for the live show.

Bye for now.

Michael