Monday, June 25, 2012

Andy Kim - Voice Your Choice

Andy Kim was born Androwis Jovakim December 5, 1952 in Montreal, Quebec. As a songwriter, Andy teamed up with Jeff Barry to co-write four out of the six hits for The Archies, including Sugar Sugar, a Number One song that remained at the top of the chart for one month and it also became a Gold record.

I first got to know Andy around 1970 when we were both still in Montreal and I was working at CFCF Radio, and we have remained friends ever since. He was a guest on my show a few years ago and we had a wonderful time reminiscing and I played his single, I Forgot To Mention, which he co-produced with Ed Robertson of the Barenaked Ladies.

It's a pleasure for me to have Andy Kim in the Voice Your Choice spotlight this week on Treasure Island Oldies. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice Page for either Rock Me Gently or So Good Together. I`ll play the winner in the 3rd hour of next week's Annual Made In Canada Special.