Sunday, September 23, 2012

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies - September 23rd to October 6th, 2012



September 23rd, 2012 to October 6th, 2012

Yes, you did read the above dates correctly. I'm taking a one week vacation next week, so there will be no new live show. There will be, however, an encore presentation of the show for the week of September 30th from 2011. Seeing as a whole year has passed since you heard that show, it may feel like a new one. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it. LOL I'll be back with a NEW Live Show October 7th and it'll be our Annual Canadian Thanksgiving Special.


We're still working out the bugs in the new Chat Room. And  I am unsure as to whether screen readers are able to read the chat page. If you use a screen reader, I invite you to try using the chat room to check out if it will work for you. Please let me know, as I definitely want to have the Chat Room inclusive for everyone. Please send your comments and feedback to x7chat@treasureislandoldies.com.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing one of the top English groups from the British Music Invasion of the 1960s. In a live performance of Carrie-Anne, it's The Hollies with our Song Of The Week. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice will return October 7th for our Thanksgiving Special with Kenny Rogers And The First Edition. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice Page for either Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town or Something's Burning. The winner will get played in the 3rd hour of the show.

If you have a birthday coming up, send the details of your name, city and birthday date to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'd sure like to help celebrate your birthday too, by wishing you Happy Birthday on the show and also by playing Birthday by The Beatles.

Here is this week's Rock & Roll News for the Week of September 23rd, 2012




And here's the Top 5 Countdown from this week in 1965.



See you when I return from my one week vacation on our Annual Canadian Thanksgiving Special, October 7th.

Bye for now.
Michael