Monday, December 10, 2012

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies Week of December 9th, 2012

December 9th, 2012 to December 15th, 2012

We're right in the thick of the Holiday Season on the Island and I'd like to wish you a very Happy Hanukkah. I hope you enjoy the wonderful Festival of Light. And I'm also pleased to have played even more Christmas songs for you on this week's show. Next week it'll be an all Christmas and Holiday Songs show. There's just so many tunes that I know I won't be able to fit into the Annual Christmas Special on December 23rd, so next week we'll play a "ton of tunes" for you.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing a song written by Burt Bacharach and recorded by another successful songwriter, Paul Evans. The Song Of The Week is The Bell That Couldn't Jingle. Enjoy!

Please note that Voice Your Choice will return in January, and I thank you for your participation in our weekly vote.

Remember if you have a birthday coming up, I'd like to know. Send the details of your name, city and birthday date to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'll help you celebrate by wishing you Happy Birthday on the show and I'll also play Birthday by The Beatles.

Here is this week's Rock & Roll News for the Week of December 9th, 2012





Listen to the Top 5 Countdown for 1961 on your Real Media player...


 

Have a great week.

Bye for now

Michael