Monday, January 21, 2013

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies - Week Of January 20th, 2013


January 20th, 2013 to January 26th, 2013

FLASH: The Real Media server is back up after maintenance and as a result our Real Media Archive files are available for your "dining and dancing pleasure" LOL :-)

I sincerely hope you enjoy this week's show. Every now and then it seems there's a mix of some very cool songs, along with some not often heard Lost Treasures. And this week's show has many wonderful songs, all quite different from each other. For example, It was great to hear Gloria Lynne, from Harlem, New York, with I Wish You Love and how about George McCurn with I'm Just A Country Boy. Just two examples of why I love doing the show every week. I think that being able to play a wide variety of songs from the '50s, '60s and '70s  is just great. We didn't only ever listen to once type of song back in the day, and that's why I like to present a good variety for you every week. And I appreciate your input into the songs I play on the show too. I look forward to your requests, whether they come in the form of email requests or via your recorded message on the 24/7 Listener Line at 206-339-0709. Keep 'em coming and I'll keep playing them for you.

Happy Birthday wishes go out to long time listener Fred Waterer in Ste. Catharines, Ontario, to my sister Louise in Gatineau, Quebec, and to my nephew Tony's wife, Charlene Smith-Gize in Airdrie, Alberta. If you have a birthday coming up, send the details of your name, city and birthday date to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'll help you celebrate by wishing you Happy Birthday on the show and I'll also play Birthday for you  by The Beatles.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing Jay And The Americans and Cara Mia. It's our Song Of The Week. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice features the combined talents of Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazelwood with two of this duo's hits records. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice Page for either Summer Wine or Jackson. I'll play the winner in the 3rd hour of next week's show.

Here's your Rock And Roll News for the week of January 20th.


Because of the Real Media server being down for maintenance, the Top 5 Countdown will not be available this week. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Before I leave you for this week, here's a couple of program notes for your calendar. We will once again present our  annual tribute to The Day The Music Died featuring the music of Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and The Big Bopper. That will happen in the 4th hour of the live show on Sunday, February 3rd. The following week, February 10th will be the annual Love Fest - our Valentine's Day Special. Be sure to get your requests and dedications to me within plenty of time to be included in the special.

Have a great week.

Bye for now.

Michael