Monday, February 18, 2013

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies - Week Of February 17th, 2013


February 17th, 2013 to February 23rd, 2013

Thanks for putting up with me and my cold this week. I'm relieved I made it all the way through the four hours. LOL And thanks for your get well wishes. I appreciate it very much. Because I'm feeling lousy, I'm going to keep this week's update really short.

You'll notice a new advertiser on many pages of the website. I'm pleased to welcome TNJ Poster Creations to the Treasure Island Oldies Website. Tim and Jill are long-time friends and listeners of the show. In fact, they actually met in the Treasure Island Oldies Chat Room and eventually decided to meet in person. They've now been together for several years and recently opened their online business. They've got a lot of very cool posters and can also create a custom poster for you. I hope you'll pay them a visit, and if something is of interest to you, please help support these friends and entrepreneurs at TNJ Poster Creations. I wish you much success, Tim and Jill.

Happy Birthday wishes go out to Tom Gerheart in Glenside, Pennsylvania. He listens to the show regularly on The Legend in Minneapolis, one of our Broadcast Partners Network stations. And I'd also like to wish Happy Birthday to a great DJ and friend, Marc "Mais Oui" Denis in Montreal, Quebec. Marc was one of the great jocks at CKGM, a great Top Forty station in my home town. If you have a birthday coming up, send the details of your name, city and birthday date to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'll help you celebrate by wishing you Happy Birthday on the show and I'll also play Birthday for you by The Beatles.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing Tommy James And The Shondells and Mony Mony. It's a seldom scene music video performance and it's our Song Of The Week. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice has the spotlight on two great vocalists who sang in harmony so well together as a duo, Don and Phil - The Everly Brothers. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either All I Have To Do Is Dream or Devoted To You. I'll play the winner in the 3rd hour of next week's show.

Here's the Rock And Roll News for the Week of February 17th.


And here's this week's Top 5 Countdown from 1967



I'm going back to the couch to lay down.

Have a good week.

Bye for now.

Michael
-->