Tuesday, March 26, 2013

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies - Week Of March 24, 2013


March 24th, 2013 to March 30th, 2013

What a fun and interesting mini special on this week's how. My thanks to my long time friend, Tom Locke, creator of our weekly feature Moment In Time, for joining me in the studio during the first two hours of the show for our look at Tribute Records To The Music And Artists Of The '50s and '60s. And many thank for your feedback already received. That's what has kept this show growing and of interest to the listeners; there is the monthly theme special and sprinkled into that extra specials. Our next special will be The Name Game, the Week of April 21st. Every song will have someone's name in the song title. And as always,, if there's a specific song you'd like me to play, be sure to let me know. Call or Click. The Treasure Island Oldies Listener Line is available b for you to call and record your message and request. The number is 206-339-0709. You can also get in touch via email by clicking the Requests button on any page of the website. I look forward to hearing from you.

Happy Birthday wishes go out this week to Rich Howe in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and to Tom Locke in Vancouver, British Columbia. It was great timing to have Tom in the studio with me this week so that I could wish him Happy Birthday in person. And if you are about to celebrate your birthday, be sure to let me know so I can wish you Happy Birthday on the show. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'll play Birthday by The Beatles for you too!

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing one of the songs featured in our Tribute Records To The Music And Artists Of The '50s and '60s Special on this week's show. This clip is not from the movie itself as they performed it on the Roy Rogers and Dale Evans TV show. However it is the theme from one of the most sought after music movies that was unavailable on the legitimate market for many, many years. It's Jan and Dean with Here They Come (From All Over The World), the theme song for The T.A.M.I. Show. It's our Song Of The Week. Enjoy!

Voice You Choice presents the most successful Girl Group of the Rock and Roll Era, The Shirelles. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Baby It's You or Foolish Little Girl. I'll play the winner in the third hour of next week's show.

Here's the Rock and Roll News for the week of March 24th.




And here's the Top 5 Countdown from 1973



Have a great week and see you next time on Treasure Island Oldies.

Bye for now.

Michael