Monday, April 01, 2013

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies - Week of March 31st, 2013


March 31st, 2013 to April 6th, 2013


I must say that I really enjoyed digging up quite a few Lost Treasures for you on this week's show. It was great to hear these songs for the first time in a very long time: Honey Chile by Martha & The Vandellas, Walkin' My Baby Back Home by Johnnie Ray, the amazing Four Tops with I'm In A Different World, What Are Boys Made Of by The Percells, High On A Hill, a great 1964 memory by Scott English with The Accents, and more. The really cool thing is that from your feedback in the TIO Chat Room and emails, you really enjoy hearing these Lost Treasures again. If there's a song you've not heard for a long time, let me know and I'll do my best to play it for you on the show. Just Click the Requests button on any page of the website to get in touch.

Our next special will happen the week of April 21st with our Annual Name Game Special. All the songs will have somebody's name in the title. So be on the lookout for Carol, Barbara Ann, Peggy Sue, Johnny, Billy, and more on our Name Game Special.

Happy Birthday wishes go out this week to Ineyda Velasquez in Homestead, Florida. And if you are about to celebrate your birthday, be sure to let me know so I can wish you Happy Birthday on the show. Send the details tobirthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'll play Birthday by The Beatles for you too!

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing The Ikettes and Peaches And Cream. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice presents the multi-talented Karen and Richard Carpenter, The Carpenters. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Goodbye To Love or We've Only Just Begun. I'll play the winner in the 3rd hour of next week's show.

Here's the Rock And Roll News for the week of March 31st.



And also on YouTube.



Here's the Top 5 Countdown for 1963.


Enjoy the rest of your week. See you next week on Treasure Island Oldies.

Bye for now.

Michael