Monday, May 06, 2013

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies - Week Of May 5th, 2013


May 5th, 2013 to May 11th, 2013

May 4, 1997 - The premiere of Treasure Island Oldies on the Internet. It originally was a 3 hour show that aired in the afternoon Pacific time. It was not long before another hour was added and the time slot changed to its current 6 pm Pacific start time. And here we are, it's 2013 and we're celebrating the 16th Anniversary of Treasure Island Oldies! Who would have thought it would continue for so many years? Thank you very much for being such loyal listeners, many of you have been listening sing the beginning or not long after it began. And since the introduction of the Chat Room all those years ago, we have the regulars, whom I fondly refer to as the Nuts In The Hut. We have a great time visiting with each other every Sunday evening during the Live show. I truly enjoy your company every week. 

I continue to be passionate about bringing you a brand new show each week. And I'm thrilled with the number of radio stations that air my show on their stations at various times during the week. They're all part of the Broadcast Partners Network of stations. And no matter where you are in the world, it's great to have you as part of "The Island". So if you missed the Live show or want to hear it again, Click Listen at any page of the website and scroll down to either the Real Media Archive stream or the Windows media 24/7 stream, of the three most recent shows for a total of 12 hours of uninterrupted Treasure Island Oldies. My thanks as well to the Mediaontap.com Network and NeuLion.com for the streaming. It's a great working relationship we'd had since the beginning. Finally, thank you for your phone calls, emails and facebook greetings. You all sure know how to "spread good vibes".

Be sure to join me next week, May 12th, for our Annual Mother's Day Special with lots and lots of songs about Mom, Mother, Mama, and Mommy too. I look forward to this special every year as it is sure a very special day and I'm honoured to have my mom, Kathleen, still going strong and turning 93 on May 16th. I'm very lucky! So my Mother's Day Special is always for my Mom and all the moms around the world.

If you are about to celebrate your birthday, be sure to let me know so I can wish you Happy Birthday on the show and I'll play Birthday by The Beatles for you! Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing the great Johnny Burnette in a live TV performance of You're Sixteen. It's our Song Of The Week. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice presents some great blue-eyed soul from The Young Rascals. Cast you vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either I've Been Lonely Too Long or Groovin'. Tough choice! I'll play the winner in the 3rd hour of next week's show. Vote Now!

Here's the Rock And Roll News for the week of May 5th


It's also on YouTube


 


Listen to the Top 5 Countdown from 1962



See you next week and thanks again for the great 16th Anniversary celebration with you.

Bye for now.