Tuesday, May 14, 2013

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies - Week Of May 12th, 2013


May 12th, 2013 to May 18th, 2013

What a nice way to celebrate Mother's Day than with our Annual Mother's Day Special and all kinds of songs with Mother as the theme. We started off with Etta James and Tell Mama and finished the show with Connie Francis and For Mama and played dozens of other "Mom" tunes in between. Thank you for your requests and emails. And the company in the Chat Room was great, as usual. And the Dads don't need to feel left out; our Annual Father's Day Special is coming up June 16th for the Live show. Incidentally, all of our specials are listed at the Specials page. Click Listen then Specials and you'll see what is coming up to the end of the year.

I'd like to wish my mother Kathleen Godin a very Happy 93rd Birthday this week. And if you are about to celebrate your birthday, be sure to let me know so I can wish you Happy Birthday on the show and I'll play Birthday by The Beatles for you! Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing Diana Ross & The Supremes with a song that was requested on this week's show, I'm Living In Shame. It's our Song Of The Week. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice presents the Godfather of Soul, the fabulous James Brown, with two amazing soul stirrers for you. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either I Got The Feelin' or I Got You (I Feel Good). I'll play the winner in the 3rd hour of next week's show.

Here's the Rock And Roll News for the week of May 12th



It's also on YouTube
 
 

Listen to the Top 5 Countdown from 1959




See you next week.

Bye for now.


Michael