Monday, June 03, 2013

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies - Week of June 2nd, 2013



June 2nd, 2013 to June 8th, 2013

I'd like to thank everyone for the tremendous amount of feedback and comments regarding my John Lennon interview that I played on last week's show. I never expected so much response and I appreciate it. And on this week's show I was so pleased to premiere the new Julian Lennon single, Someday, from his forthcoming first new album in 15 years. Everything Changes, being released this week, will have a big splash launch June 14th in Los Angeles. I was invited to attend the by invitation only party. Unfortunately, I'm unable to attend. But I am grateful to Kiva at The Press House for sending Julian's single to me. I am very much looking forward to hearing the entire album. If you missed hearing it during the live show, be sure to check out the Archive at the Listen page.

Happy Birthday wishes go out to Paul Carter Jr. in Ellicott City, Maryland, a regular listener and contributor to the show with the weekly Music Link feature. If you have a birthday coming up, I invite you to let me know so that I can wish you Happy Birthday on the show and play Birthday by The Beatles for you. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com.

Our next special will happen in two weeks time. Be sure to join me June 16th for the Annual Father's Day Special. The following week, June 23rd, it's our Annual Summer Beach Party, followed on June 30th with our Annual Music Of Canada Special. Lots of specials with lots of great music for you. And of course, if you miss any of the Live shows, you can always enjoy hearing the Archives at the Listen page.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing the song I premièred this week on Treasure Island Oldies. It's Julian Lennon with his new single, Someday. It's our Song Of The Week. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice turns to the television for this week's featured artist. Johnny Crawford played the role of Mark McCain, the son of Lucas McCain, played by Chuck Connors on The Rifleman. As a result of the popularity of the show, Johnny Crawford had a brief but successful recording career. This week we spotlight two of his charted hits. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Rumors or Patti Ann. I'll play the winning song in the 3rd hour of next week's show.

Here's the Rock and Roll News for the week of June 2nd.



Rock And Roll News on YouTube

Listen to the Top 5 Countdown from 1964



See you next week.

Bye for now.


Michael