Monday, August 19, 2013

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies - Week Of August 18th, 2013


August 18th, 2013 to August 24th, 2013

Be sure to join me for our multi-themed special, the Annual Labour Day Back To School End Of Summer Special, Live, September 1, 2013, and then on the Archives at the Listen page. It's my way to help you make the transition from summer to fall, with great songs to fit the themes. And a reminder that the following week, September 8th, I will be taking a week's vacation so there will be an Encore Presentation of a show from February 2008 with special guest in the studio, Chad Allen, the original lead singer of The Guess Who. Chad joins me during the first hour of the show and shares lots of great early Guess Who days memories, along with lots of their early recordings. I know you'll enjoy this encore presentation.

Happy Birthday wishes go out this week to my good friend Fay Greenwood in Langley, British Columbia. You will recall Fay hosted the very enjoyable feature on the show, Hits From Across The Pond. Happy Birthday also to Jerry Gaule from AM 1700 Classic Car Gold, in Albany, Oregon, a Broadcast Partners Network station. If you have a birthday coming up, I invite you to let me know so that I can wish you Happy Birthday on the show and play Birthday by The Beatles for you. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog spotlights The Equals with Eddy Grant in a 1968 clip from the British TV show, Top Of The Pops. The Equals with Baby Come Back is our Song Of The Week. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice presents Jimmy Ruffin, a former member of The Temptations. Cast Your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either I've Passed This Way Before or Gonna Give Her All The Love I've Got. I'll play the winner in the 3rd hour of next week's show.

Here's the Rock And Roll News for the week of August 18th



Listen to the Top 5 Countdown from 1970




See you next week.

Bye for now.

Michael