Monday, October 28, 2013

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies - Halloween Week 2013

October 27th, 2013 to November 2nd, 2013

Happy Halloween! I hope you are enjoying the 17th Annual Halloween Spooktacular and all the scary tunes. I’d like to thank our Webmaster, Eddy Fisher, for decorating the Crypt for this year’s Halloween celebrations. Those staring eyes that follow the cursor are very scary indeed! If you missed the live show, be sure to listen to the Archive at the Listen page. And there is a complete playlist of all songs on the Halloween Spooktacular, also at the Listen page. Be warned, if your hair is dark, it just may turn white at the end of the four hour show. ROFL

Be sure to join me for some great stories on our Story Songs Special, Live Sunday, November 17th and then on the Archive. No I’m not going to read a book to you. J I’m gathering some great songs with stories that I know you’ll find interesting and very enjoyable.

Happy Birthday wishes go out to long time listener and regular requester, California Barb. As well I’d like to send my best wishes to Jamie Anstey in Vancouver, British Columbia, and to Dana Van Dine in New Jersey. If you have a birthday coming up, I invite you to let me know so that I can wish you Happy Birthday on the show and play Birthday by The Beatles for you. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com.
The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing as real classic for Halloween. From the Rocky Horror Picture Show, it’s The Time Warp, our Scary Song of the Week. Enjoy and remember, it’s just a jump to the left!

Voice Your Choice returns to the Island next week with Nino Tempo and April Stevens. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Whispering or Deep Purple. I’ll play the winning song in the 3rd hour of next week’s show.

The Top 5 Countdown will return to the show next week.

Have a scary week and once again Happy Halloween.

Count Michael