Monday, December 09, 2013

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies - Week Of December 8th, 2013


December 8th, 2013 to December 14th, 2013

There’s nothing like having doubles! LOL And we sure had our fair share this week on the show. It was fun to feature a series of a Hit and Holiday Hit Double by the same artist. And I came across some very nice Lost Treasures too. For example, All Through The Night by The Kingston Trio, Christmas Eve In My Home Town by Bobby Vinton, Marvin Gaye with I Want To Come Home For Christmas, and many more. For the complete Playlist of this week’s show, go to the Listen page and scroll down. Next week there will be more Christmas songs and then in two weeks it’s the 17th Annual Treasure Island Oldies Christmas Special, Live December 22nd and on the Archive throughout the Holiday Season.

By the way, I’ve mentioned that my show will be part of the lineup of programs when Peachland Radio goes on the air next May 4. In the meantime, the station is now on the air for the Christmas Holidays with An Old Fashioned Christmas and you can listen at PeachlandRadio.

Happy Birthday to Aron Gutman in Richmond, British Columbia. Aron is both a good friend and a regular listener. If you have a birthday coming up, be sure to let me know the details so that I can wish you Happy Birthday on the show and play Birthday by The Beatles for you. Send the info to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing The Ronettes who were the first of the Hit and Holiday Hit Doubles on this week’s show. The Ronettes give a live performance of Be My Baby. It’s our Song of the Week. Enjoy!

The last Voice Your Choice for 2013 presents Bing Crosby with two classic Christmas songs. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas or I’ll Be Home For Christmas.  I’ll play the winning song in the 3rd hour of next week’s show.

Here’s the Rock And Roll News for the week of December 8th.



Listen to the Top 5 Countdown from 1963.


http://www.tioradio.com/multimedia/top_5.ram


I hope you have a great week.

Bye for now.

Michael