Monday, February 17, 2014

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of February 16th, 2014


February 16th, 2014 to February 22nd, 2014

It sure was great to hear The Beatles 2nd appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show from the Deauville Hotel in Miami Beach, Florida, from February 26, 1964. And it was another record breaking audience that watched the Fab Four on TV. I am so glad that I was around during their heyday and the era in general. It was an exciting time and a period of so many firsts. And the memories it brought back were great for me and for you I am sure. And that’s exactly why I love bring you Treasure Island Oldies every week. It’s not just about playing a bunch of old records, it’s what that timeless music evokes in your own memories. So I thank you for being part of the audience every week; I know you enjoy the show, the great music and the memories. By the way, the Chat Room is a really good way to share some of those memories when you hear a particular song. Recent visitors have now become weekly regulars. And I am sure you will as well. Click Chat on any page of the website during the live show on Sunday nights; follow the instructions, and you’ll be part of the chat room or the Nuts in the Hut.

If you have a birthday coming up, be sure to let me know so that I can wish you Happy Birthday on the show and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you in celebration of your special day. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com.

Our next monthly special will occur on Sunday, March 16 with the Annual Name Game Special. Every song will have the name of a person in the song title. It makes for a fun and lively special and I know you will enjoy it again this year.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing Jay and The Americans in a performance from the TV show Shindig of Cara Mia. It’s our Song of the Week. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice presents Little Miss Dynamite, Brenda Lee. Cast your vote for either Too Many Rivers or Coming On Strong. I’ll play the winner in the 3rd hour of next week’s show.

Here’s the Rock and Roll News for the week of February 16th.




Listen to the Top 5 Countdown from 1969.


http://www.tioradio.com/multimedia/top_5.ram



Well that’s about all for this week. Take care and I’ll see you next week for another Treasure Island Oldies show.

Bye for now.

Michael