Monday, March 02, 2015

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of March 1st, 2015

March 1st, 2015  to March 7th, 2015

Hard to believe it’s March already and spring must be just around the corner or fall for our friends in the southern hemisphere. What I like about this time of year is that the days get longer with light. Nothing worse than getting up and going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark again. Remind me to always pay my electricity bill. LOL And with the coming of spring is more specials. As part of the 18th Anniversary of the show, I’m pleased to present 18 Specials and our next one is The Name Game Special, Live Sunday, March 15th and then on the Archives. Every song will have a person’s name in the song title, and if there’s a specific one you’d like me to play for you, be sure to let me know. Click Requests on any page of the website or Call the Listener Line at any time of the day or night at 206-339-0709 and request your request message. I’ll play it back along with your song.

Happy Birthday wishes go out to Linda Russell Johnson in White Plains, Missouri and to Roy Geldart in Campbell River, British Columbia. And if your birthday is coming up soon, let me know by sending all the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I’ll wish you Happy Birthday on the show and also play our birthday anthem by The Beatles, Birthday.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing an artist which I unfortunately never got to see perform in concert. It’s Gene Pitney performing 24 Hours From Tulsa and it’s our Song of the Week. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice spotlights Jackie Wilson. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Night or Alone At Last. I’ll play the winning song on next week’s show.

Here’s the Rock and Roll News for the week of March 1st



Listen to the Top 5 Countdown from 1965


http://www.treasureislandoldies.com/assets/multimedia/top_5.ram


Here’s to a great week! Looking forward to your company again on next week’s show. Before I say so long, I did want to remind you to enter the 18th Anniversary Contest. The next winner will be announced on the show March 29. Good luck!

Bye for now.

Michael