Monday, April 27, 2015

This week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of April 26th, 2015

April 26th, 2015 to May 2nd, 2015

Well here we are with one week to go before the launch of the brand new website. And also one week to the 18th Anniversary Special. It’s going to be a lot of fun and I sure hope you can join me.

I noticed after the show ended and I was finishing up with the last adjustments to the playlist that I played quote a few songs by “Little” artists. Yep, I played Little Peggy March (I Will Follow Him), Little Eva (Keep Your Hands Off My Baby), Little Stevie Wonder (Castles In The Sand), Little Caesar and the Romans (Those Oldies But Goodies), Little Carl Carlton (Competition Ain’t Nothin’), Little Esther Phillips (Release Me), Little Jerry Williams (I’m The Lover Man), Little Johnny Taylor (Part Time Love), Little Willie John (Leave My Kitten Alone), and Little Richard (Good Golly Miss Molly and Kansas City/Hey-Hey-Hey!) Amazing!! Guess I’ll have to play some “Big” artists next week. LOL

I’d like congratulate Guylaine Côté in Quebec City, Quebec, the winner for April in the 18th Anniversary Contest. TNK Poster Creations will be sending off the Alan Freed Rock and Roll Concert Poster to her. There are still many more chances for you to be a winner too! Click the Celebrate 18 logo for complete contest details.

If your birthday is coming up, be sure to let me know the date. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I’ll wish you Happy Birthday on the show and play Birthday by The Beatles for you as well.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing some great Michigan Rock and Roll. In a 1966 clip from the TV show Hullabaloo, it’s Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels with Jenny Take A Ride/C C Rider. It’s our Song of the week. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice is back again next week with Creedence Clearwater Revival. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Green River or Up Around The Bend. I’ll play the winner on next week’s 18th Anniversary Special.

Here’s the Rock and Roll News for the week of April 26th


Listen to the Top 5 Countdown from 1958


http://www.treasureislandoldies.com/assets/multimedia/top_5.ram


Well that's all for this week. Please join me next Sunday for the 18th Anniversary Special.

Have a good week.

Bye for now.

Michael