Monday, June 15, 2015

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of June 14th, to June 20th, 2015

June 14th, 2015 to June 20th, 2015
It  was another fun four hours together again this week on Treasure Island Oldies. And it was very nice hearing from Linda in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, who asked me to play Cast Your Fate To The Wind and also a couple of songs from Donovan. I was pleased to play the original version of Cast Your Fate To The Wind by Sounds Orchestral from England. And I also enjoyed playing Mellow Yellow and There Is A Mountain, two great hits by Donovan for her. Remember, I really enjoy hearing from you whether by email request, a Facebook request or the Listener Line at 206-339-0709.

A quick reminder for your calendar. We’ll be celebrating Dad with our Annual Father’s Day Special next Sunday, June 21st for the Live show and all week on the Archive. I always look forward to this annual salute to dads everywhere. If there’s a specific song you’d like me to play, be sure to let me know.

Thanks for the nice email this week from Harvey Goldberg in Montreal. I appreciated his nice comments about the music and the show.

Happy Birthday wishes go out to Nancy Turnbull in Niagara Falls, Ontario. If your birthday is coming up soon, please let me know so that the listeners and I can celebrate your special day. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com 

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is continuing with our tribute to the late Jim Ed Brown by playing Jim Ed, Bonnie and Maxine – The Browns with The Three Bells. It’s our Song of the Week. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice presents Gladys Knight and The Pips. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either If I Were Your Woman or Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye). I’ll play the winner during next week’s show.

Be sure to listen to this week’s Rock and Roll News Podcast for the week of June 14th. Click the Podcast link on the left.
  
And check out this week’s Top 5 Countdown from 1963. Just click the Top 5 Countdown Link.

Take care and have a great week.


Bye for now.

Michael