Monday, June 08, 2015

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of June 7th, 2015

June 7th, 2015 to June 13th, 2015
I very much appreciate the feedback and comments stemming from last week's show and the new studio facilities. Found out there was a severe issue with the wiring causing a mono signal of one of the stereo channels. All the wiring has been replaced and everything is back in tip top shape and with the new equipment, sounding better than ever. Thanks for getting in touch with me and letting me know.

A quick reminder for your calendar. We'll be celebrating Dad with our Annual Father's Day Special on Sunday, June 21st for the Live show and all week on the Archive. I always look forward to this annual salute to dads everywhere. If there's a specific song you'd like me to play, be sure to let me know. Click the Requests button on the left side or call the Listener Line to record your request message at 206-339-0709.

I've heard from a couple of listeners regarding the fact they don't like using Real Media player but they would like to be able to listen to individual Archived shows. The easiest way is to download the free flv player which plays multi-formats including real media. Just do a quick search for flv player and you should find it easily. I use it all the time for both audio and video.

Happy Birthday wishes go out to Michael Gee in Berkley, California and also to Nancy Turnbull in Niagara Falls, Ontario. If your birthday is coming up soon, please let me know so that the listeners and I can celebrate your special day. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com.  

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing the great folk-pop group from Chicago, Illinois, Spanky and Our Gang. It's become a huge fan favourite over the years and I'm pleased to play I'd Like To Get To Know You. It's our Song of the Week. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice presents The Poppy Family from Vancouver, British Columbia. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Which Way You Going Billy? or That's Where I Went Wrong. I'll play the winner during next week's show.

Be sure to listen to this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast for the week of June 7th. Click the Podcast link on the left. 

And check out this week's Top 5 Countdown from 1971. Just click the Top 5 Countdown Link.  

Take care and have a great week.

Bye for now. 

Michael