Monday, August 24, 2015

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of August 23rd, 2015

August 23rd, 2015 to August 29th 2015
The four hours of this week's show just flew by; in fact, I had to double check the clock as we were approaching the 4th hour. I was pleased to play a couple of leftover requests from last week's Planes, Trains & Automobiles Special. I ran out of time and had to hold them over to this week's show. Glad you enjoyed hearing Down By The Station by the Four Preps as well as Magic Bus by The Who. If there's a song you'd like to hear, please let me know and I'll do my best to play it for you. A few weeks ago, Jeff who is from Idaho, was visiting in the chat room and he mentioned a song that he had not heard since it was a hit in 1964. The song was Jump Back by Rufus Thomas. Unfortunately I didn't have it in the studio at the time, so I finally got to play it for Jeff on this week's show. If I could have seen his face, there would have been a huge grin on it. He was so happy to hear it again after so many years. It was my pleasure, Jeff. 

Be sure to enter the Treasure Island Oldies 18th Anniversary Contest now. I'll announce the August winner on next week's show. So don't delay. Click the 18th Anniversary Contest logo for more information.

A quick reminder for your calendar. The next special will happen next Sunday, August 30th for the Annual Labour Day Back To School End of Summer Special. If there's a work song, summer tune or a school themed hit you'd like to hear, be sure to let me know in plenty of time. Click on the Requests button or call the Listener Line to record your request message at 206-339-0709.

If your birthday is coming up soon, please let me know so that the listeners and I can celebrate your special day. I'll wish you a very Happy Birthday on the show and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com 

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing The Critters with their debut single, written by John Sebastian of The Lovin' Spoonful. It's The Critters and Younger Girl. It's our Song of the Week.

Voice Your Choice presents Loggins and Messina. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either My Music or Thinking Of You. I'll play the winner during next week's show.

Be sure to listen to this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast for the week of August 23rd. Click the Podcast link on the left.  

And check out this week's Top 5 Countdown from 1959. Just click the Top 5 Countdown Link.  

Take care and see you next week.


Bye for now.
Michael