Monday, January 11, 2016

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of January 10th, 2016

January 10th to January 16th, 2016

This week on Treasure Island Oldies I paid tribute to Troy Shondell, who passed away a few days ago in Picayune, Mississippi, from complications resulting from Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. While many think he was a one hit wonder with This Time (We’re Really Breaking Up), he had two other records on the Top 100 and I was pleased to also play both Tears From An Angel and Island In The Sky. I will also pay tribute to David Bowie on next week’s show. We’ve lost so many great talents already this year!

By the way, I’m pleased to advise you that thanks to Eddy Fisher, our webmaster,  both the 24/7 Stream as well as the Christmas Special are back online and available at the Listen page.

I’d like to wish Judy Covington in Canton, Ohio a very Happy Birthday. If you have a birthday coming up, please be sure to let me know so that I can celebrate your special day on the show. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I’ll wish you Happy Birthday on the air and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is paying tribute to Troy Shondell with a live performance of This Time. It’s our Song of the Week. R.I.P. Troy Shondell. 

Voice Your Choice spotlights the “Bubblegum Music” era with 1910 Fruitgum Company. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either 1 2 3 Red Light or Simon Says. I’ll play the winner on next week’s show.

Here’s this week’s Rock and Roll News Podcast

Listen to the Top 5 Countdown from 1961

Take care and please join me next week.

Bye for now.
Michael