Monday, April 11, 2016

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of April 10th, 2016

April 10th to April 16th, 2016

I was so very pleased to pay tribute on this week's show to Malcolm Tomlinson. He was the first artist I signed to A&M Records. With great musicians in his band and in the studio, his two A&M albums are a treasure to me. In fact, I haven't had them for many years. As they were released before the CD era, neither album have been available for years. However, I was thrilled to find both vinyl albums available on eBay, so I scooped them up from a seller in Germany! I hope to receive them by the end of this week. I also paid tribute to the original Bass singer of The Belmonts, Chris Mastrangelo, who died this past week in Florida. It was really good to hear some of those Belmonts classic hits again. You'll find the song titles I played and the entire playlist for this week's show on the Listen page.

Please join me for the next special, Sunday, May 1st when we'll celebrate the 19th Anniversary of Treasure Island Oldies. Over the many years, the show has continued to grow and there are listeners all over the world, including the many radio AM, FM and Online stations that are part of the Broadcast Partners Network. It will be a fun time and I look forward to your company. 

If your birthday is coming up soon, please be sure to let me know so that I can also celebrate your special day on the show. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I’ll wish you Happy Birthday during the show and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you. 

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing the Number One song on this week's Top 5 Countdown from 1962. It's Shelly Fabares with Johnny Angel and it's our Song of the Week. Enjoy! 

Voice Your Choice spotlights the Bobby Goldsboro. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Little Things or See The Funny Little Clown. I’ll play the winner on next week’s show. 

Here’s this week’s Rock and Roll News Podcast

Listen to the Top 5 Countdown from 1962

Take care and have a good week. 

Bye for now.
Michael