Monday, June 27, 2016

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of June 26th, 2016

June 26th to July 2nd, 2016

What a fun Summer Beach Party we had this week. Considering it was the 19th year for this annual special, everyone is still looking pretty good! LOL So many of our music memories have a tendency to have formed during our summers listening to the radio on a hot sunny day. And I was able to play lots of your great summer memories for you this week. Thanks for your requests; they always add to the show. Please be sure to join me next week for the Music of Canada Special. I'll play songs by Canadian songwriters, singers and groups that made an impression regionally, nationally and internationally. Having signed Canadian artists to A&M Records when I ran the A&R department from 1975 to 1986, Canadian music always holds a very special place in my heart. And I look forward to sharing some of that joy with you next week on the show.

My Generation Posters has launched a Summer Sale, and get this: until July 30th get 50% off the contents of your shopping cart. Just use the code: summer50 at checkout. Now this is a sale!  Be sure to visit their website to find more details, and sign up for their weekly newsletter. You'll be among the first to know about the upcoming weekly specials. And be sure to also let them know you heard their commercial on Treasure Island Oldies.

Happy Birthday wishes go out to my nephew Tony Gize in Airdrie, Alberta and to my brother-in-law Barry Fisher, in New Westminster. It's family birthday week here on the Island. LOL  If your birthday is coming up soon, please be sure to let me know so that I can celebrate your special day on the show. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I’ll wish you Happy Birthday during the show and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing the Number One song on this week's Top 5 Countdown from 1964. It's a live performance of A World Without Love, written by Paul McCartney and a smash hit for Peter and Gordon. It's our Number One Song of the Week. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice presents Paul Anka with two of his many hit records. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either (All Of A Sudden) My Heart Sings or It's Time To Cry. I’ll play the winner on next week’s show.

Here’s this week’s Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Listen to the Top 5 Countdown from 1964.

Take care. See you next week on The Island for our Music of Canada Special.

Bye for now, eh. :-)
Michael