Monday, July 04, 2016

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of July 3rd, 2016

July 3rd to July 9th, 2016

What a special show it was for me this week. Having spent the bulk of my career in radio and the record business, music by Canadian artists holds a special place in my heart. And I am so pleased with the feedback I received during the live show. Cora Quinn in Peoria, Illinois was so pleased to hear Alberta Bound by Gordon Lightfoot. She even requested another Canadian artist on next week's show: Rainshowers by Michel Pagliaro. I'll be pleased to play it for you, Cora. Linda Gehres also wrote saying, as a relatively new listener for the past four months via The Legend in Indianapolis, Indiana, she tried to never miss a show. She was also quite surprised by how many Canadian artists she has in her collection without even knowing they were from Canada. She said she loves Motherlode's When I Die (The Kind Of Man You Want Me To Be). Friends introduced to other artists such as Pat Hervey, Sandy Selsie, and Bobby Curtola. She also had no idea that Percy Faith was Canadian. She went on to say congratulations on all the many years of success in the music business and my knowledge of music amazes her. In closing Linda said she is so glad she discovered the wonderful show. Thanks you so much, Linda! I also heard from Wendy McDougall in Newton, South Australia who said she too didn't know Percy Faith was Canadian and how pleased she was to hear Gordon Lightfoot. She said she could hear an entire four hour show of Gordon Lightfoot! Thanks so very much for all your comments. It seems this special touched a chord within you as well. For a complete list of all the songs I played on this special, go to the Listen page and scroll down past the Archive links and you'll find this week's Playlist.

My Generation Posters has launched a Summer Sale, and get this: until July 30th get 50% off the contents of your shopping cart. Just use the code: summer50 at checkout. And the 50% off applies to everything in your shopping cart that you choose, not just a few select items. Now this is a sale!  Be sure to visit their website to find more details, and sign up for their weekly newsletter. You'll be among the first to know about the upcoming weekly specials. And be sure to also let them know you heard their commercial on Treasure Island Oldies.

Happy Birthday wishes go out to my my son David Godin in Richmond, British Columbia and to great friend, Bobbi Gutman who also lives in Richmond, BC. If your birthday is coming up soon, please be sure to let me know so that I can celebrate your special day on the show. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I’ll wish you Happy Birthday during the show and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing the Number One song on this week's Top 5 Countdown from 1963. It's The Essex with Easier Said Than Done. It's our Number One Song of the Week. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice presents Santana with their two signature hit records. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Black Magic Woman or Evil Ways. I’ll play the winner on next week’s show.

Here’s this week’s Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Listen to the Top 5 Countdown from 1963.

Take care. See you next week on The Island.

Bye for now.

Michael