Monday, October 17, 2016

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies - October 16th to 22nd, 2016

Week of October 16th - 22nd, 2016

It was great to be back with you again this week for another show and thanks for the emails I've been receiving. My thanks to Hugh Dobbie Jr. and his team at Yare Media. They created a special page that includes both the Yare Media player plus a link to the Chat Room; and we incorporated it into the Listen page. Man y listeners have been asking about whether the Archives will return. I can tell you that I am optimistic that we will have at least the current week's show available to listen on demand. However, I do not yet have any date when it may happen. I'll keep you informed when I have more information.

We are just two weeks away from the 20th annual Halloween Spooktacular. We'll be live from the crypt Sunday, October 30th  beginning at 6 pm Pacific, 9 pm Eastern time. Don't be afraid; you won't be alone in the crypt.

I'm pleased to send out birthday wishes to listener Marcia Moses and also to Mike Dillon, who lives in 100 Mile House, British Columbia. And I'd like to thank you also for the kind birthday wishes in the chat room and via email. I turn 64 this week! Is your birthday coming up soon? If so, let me know so that I can help celebrate your special day on the show. I'll wish you Happy Birthday on the air and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you. All I need is the date of your birthday. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing the Number One Song from the Treasure Island Oldies Top Five Countdown from 1970. It's the Jackson 5 with I'll Be There. Enjoy!

They started out as Chicago Transit Authority, eventually shortening it to Chicago and they are in the Voice Your Choice spotlight. Cast you vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Make Me Smile or Colour My World. I'll play the winner on next week's show.

Here's this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

That's all for now. Please join me again next week for another four hours of Treasure Island Oldies.

Have a great week.

Bye for now.
Michael