Monday, January 09, 2017

This week on Treasure Island Oldies. January 8th to 14th, 2017

Week of January 8th, 2017 to January 14th, 2017

It is so good to be back with you on the Island! And what a great way to start off the new year and the first show of 2017 with our annual New Year Dance Party. The tunes were jumping and the party atmosphere continued throughout the four hours.

I am very pleased to welcome the return of Space Coast iRadio.com in Melbourne, Florida to the Treasure Island Oldies Broadcast Partners Network. I hope to add more stations throughout the year. And what a year this is going to be as we will celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the show  Sunday, May 7th. I still find it hard to believe that Treasure Island Oldies has been online for all these many years, since 1997 in fact!

Happy Birthday wishes go out to Shirley Ham in Cincinnati, Ohio. All the best to you Shirley! And if your birthday is approaching, please let me know the date so that I can help you celebrate your special date on the air. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com and I’ll wish you Happy Birthday and also play Birthday by The Beatles, our official birthday anthem.

The first Top Five Countdown of the year is from 1958 and at the top is Danny and The Juniors. At The Hop is the Number One song and it’s playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Blog. Enjoy!

Next week on Treasure Island Oldies, Voice Your Choice presents Ike and Tina Turner. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either It’s Gonna Work Out Fine or A Fool In Love. I’ll play the winner on next week’s show.

Here’s this week’s Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Finally, I’d like to thank you for the wonderful comments I received from you on the Christmas Special and the amazing outpouring of your thoughts and love on the passing of my Mom. I very much appreciate it.

See you next Sunday for the next Live show.

Take good care and all the best. 

Bye for now.

Michael