Monday, March 13, 2017

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of March 12th, 2017

Week of March 12th, 2017 to March 18th, 2017

It's always a treat for me to prepare a show with a special theme and this week was no exception. The One Hit Wonders Special generated a lot of response from listeners via email, the chat room and my facebook page. Thanks very much. It is always eye-opening to hear just so many hit records by artists who were never able to repeat their success on the charts. Please mark your calendar for our next special coming up in a few weeks, the Name Game Special. Every song will have the name of a person in the song title. And if there's a song you'd like me to play for you, either your name or someone else's name, send an email to me and I'll do my best to play it for you. The date for The Name Game Special is Sunday, April 2nd.

Do you have a birthday coming up soon. As you know, it's a tradition on Treasure Island Oldies to help celebrate your special day. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com and I'll wish you Happy Birthday and play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

The Top Five Countdown this week is from 1962 and the Number One song is Hey! Baby by Bruce Channel. It's playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Blog. Enjoy!

Next week on Treasure Island Oldies, Voice Your Choice presents Connie Francis, the number one female singer from the late '50s to the early '60s. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Don't Break The Heart That Loves You or Everybody's Somebody's Fool. I'll play the winning song on next week's show.

Here's this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Take care and all the best.

Have a good week and I look forward to your company during next week's show.

Bye for now.
Michael