Monday, June 19, 2017

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies -= Week of June 18th, 2017

Week of June 18th, 2017 to June 24th, 2017

I am so pleased you were able to join me for the annual Father's Day Special. I must say I was thrilled with the immediate feedback on this year's special. One listener commented that "I outdid myself". Another new listener said they have never heard a better Father's Day special anywhere! Thanks so much! I always try to make sure that it isn't the same songs in the same order year after year. This year I was able to play some dad-related songs for the first time. I love presenting these specials for your enjoyment.

Speaking of specials, time to get out the sunscreen and slather it on. Next week on Treasure Island Oldies, it's the annual Summer Beach Party. We'll be at the shore with the BBQ and bar; and both will be well stocked. And the summer songs will flow from start the finish. A word of caution though. There are lots of seagulls flying over the Island, so be sure you don't look up! :-) The fun starts at 6 pm Pacific and if you aren't able to hear the live show, be sure to go to the Broadcast partners Network page here at the website and check out the days and times when the current show will air during the week.

I'd like to wish Mary Lee in Floresville, Texas a very Happy Birthday. When is your birthday? I'd like to know so that I can help celebrate your special day by wishing you Happy Birthday on the air and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you. Send the info to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com 

The Top Five Countdown on this week's show is from 1966. And the Number One song is by Gogi Grant, an unforgettable name and unforgettable voice. The Wayward Wind is playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Blog. Enjoy!

We get in the summer groove next week with Voice Your Choice on Treasure Island Oldies as we present The Beach Boys. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either It's OK or Catch A Wave. I'll play the winning song on next week's show.

Here's this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Thanks again for listening to the show. See you next week here on the Island for our Summer Beach Party.

Bye for now.
Michael