Monday, September 04, 2017

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of September 3rd, 2017

Week of September 3rd, 2017 to September 9th, 2017

What a "busy" show this week. It started off as a 3-themed special: End Of Summer, Back To School, Labour Day. Then I got word that Skip Prokop, the co-founder and drummer of Lighthouse has died at age 74. On top of that, I was informed that Walter Becker, co-founder and bass player for Steely Dan, had passed away at age 67. I scrambled to adjust the playlist to include musical tributes to both Lighthouse and Steely Dan, all the while wanting to also have the focus on the special. Well, I am pleased to say it worked out very well. And thank you for the great comments, as well as your requests in advance of the show. As you know, I always like hearing from you, whether it be to request a song or to pass on some thoughts or comments. The email address to reach me is michael@treasureislandoldies.com. And be sure to join us for the next special, October 8th, the Canadian Thanksgiving Special. I'll harvest a cornucopia of songs appropriate for the occasion. 

Once again, I'd like to thank my partner and webmaster, Eddy Fisher, for the great job of creating our wonderful "billboards" for our upcoming specials. The Mother's and Father's Day specials, along with the Summer Beach Party, Music of Canada and the Instrumental Gems Wordless Wonders billboards have all been outstanding!

If your birthday is coming up soon, I'd like to know so that I can help celebrate your special day by wishing you Happy Birthday on the show and also by playing Birthday by The Beatles for you. Send the info to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com 

This week's Top Five Countdown is from 1962. And the Number One song is Sheila by Tommy Roe. It's playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Blog. Enjoy!

Next week on Treasure Island Oldies, Voice Your Choice spotlights Hot Chocolate. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either You Sexy Thing or Every 1's A Winner. I'll play the winning song on next week's show.

Here's this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Thanks again for listening to the show. See you next week.

Bye for now.
Michael